Book reviews of YA lit and more

As a middle school librarian and hopeful reader of Missouri's high school award books (Gateway nominees), I am reading and reviewing as many young adult and middle grade novels as I can while working on my own writing for this age group.

Monday, August 22, 2011

forever- maggie stiefvater

Finally I was able to get the last book in this trilogy from my local library.  I have to say it is as beautifully written as Shiver and Linger.  I enjoyed how the author ended the series.  It was a relatively happy, or maybe satisfying is a better word, ending with Grace and Sam.  Cole and Isabel both become more likable characters to me in this final book.  I also appreciated knowing this would definitely be the final book instead of it morphing from a trilogy to a series, which seems popular now.  There are quite a few sexual inuendos between Sam and Grace that makes me hesitant to add it to a middle school collection, but high school would be fine.  I think 8th graders could handle it, but not 6th.  Maggie Stiefvater also did a nice job of putting some information about Minnesota and wolves in the author's note at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment