Book reviews of YA lit and more

As a middle school librarian and hopeful reader of Missouri's high school award books (Gateway nominees), I am reading and reviewing as many young adult and middle grade novels as I can while working on my own writing for this age group.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rot & Ruin- Jonathan Maberry

Benny is 15 years old, and it is time for him to get a job or he will no longer get the rations he needs to survive.  After failing at multiple jobs he decides to become an apprentice to his older half-brother, who happens to be a zombie bounty hunter.  Benny first trip with Tom out into the great Rot & Ruin proves to be eye-opening experience that changes Benny's view of Tom and his entire world since the "First Night" forever.  With the help of two girls, Nix and Lilah, they set out to begin making the Rot & Ruin and their world a better place.  I never thought I would enjoy a book about zombies, but I fell in love with these characters and their world.  My only hope when finishing it was that there would be a sequel, and much to my delight there is...Dust & Decay came out about a week ago.  I only hope it is as good as the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment