Book reviews of YA lit and more

As a middle school librarian and hopeful reader of Missouri's high school award books (Gateway nominees), I am reading and reviewing as many young adult and middle grade novels as I can while working on my own writing for this age group.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Dust & Decay

OK, I first have to say that I loved the first book in this series (at least I'm hoping it's not finished with two books), so I was so excited to finally get Dust & Decay.  I was not disappointed.  This book picks up 6 months after the first one was finished leaving our main characters to a calm life in town learning from Tom how to be "warrior smart" when fighting zombies.  They are planning to leave town soon though to go looking for where the jet they saw may have come from.  The moment they enter the Rot & Ruin things go bad.  They have a run in with a rhino and Preacher Jack that leaves them getting separated and hurting.  The entire book is following Chong, Lyla, Nix & Benny, and Tom as they fight for their lives alone and eventually together attempting to take down Gameland forever.  The book ends with them still wanting to travel east to where they saw the jet go, which is why I'm thinking (hoping) that a sequel will be following.

No comments:

Post a Comment